- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- About 400 grams of pumpkin, on its shell and free of seeds
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup raw tahini
- 2 stalks of thyme
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Soak the chickpeas in water for 12 hours and strain
- Transfer to a pot with plenty of water and baking soda and bring to a boil
- Continue cooking for about an hour and a half until the chickpeas are completely soft. Wash in fresh water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Place the pumpkin on a baking pan lined with baking paper. Pour olive oil over it and season with 1/2 teaspoon cumin, salt, pepper and thyme leaves. Make sure the pumpkin is wrapped in all directions.
- Roast the pumpkin in the hot oven for 45 minutes until soft and golden. Allow to cool and drain the soft contents into a food processor container.
- Add the soft chickpeas and raw tahini to the pumpkin and grind well. Add 1/2 teaspoon cumin, garlic and lemon and stir.
- Taste, seasoning and, if necessary, add olive oil and a little water.