Can be made ahead. I usually make extra, this is a great snack food and guests like to munch on nuts before the main meal.
- 2 teaspoons of blue agave
- 2 ¼ teaspoons Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ to ½ tsp cayenne
- 1 large egg white
- 4 cups mixed nuts (pecans, walnuts, almonds, pistachios, and/or cashews)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk blue agave, salt, and spices in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg white until light and frothy.
- Add nuts and toss until evenly coated with egg white.
- Sprinkle blue agave and spice mixture over nuts and toss well.
- Spread nuts in single layer on baking sheet and bake until dry, 10-15 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Cool to room temperature.