- 3 cups of Amaranth flour or almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon yeast, active dry or instant (1 gm)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups hot water, not boiling (354 mL) – I use hot tap water – about 125-130° F
- 2 Tablespoons extra flour for shaping
1. Combine flour, yeast, and salt in a large bowl. Stir in water until it’s well combined. ( I am adding the water slowly, not all at once)
2. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 3 hours.
3. After 3 hours, the dough will become puffy and dotted with bubbles. Transfer it to a well-floured surface and sprinkle dough with a little flour. Using a scraper fold dough over 10-12 times & shape into a rough ball.
4. Place in a parchment paper-lined bowl (not wax paper) and cover with a towel. Let stand on the countertop for about 35 minutes.
5. Meantime place Dutch oven with lid in a cold oven and preheat to 450° F. My oven takes 35 minutes to reach 450°.
6. When the oven reaches 450° carefully, using oven gloves, lift the parchment paper and dough from the bowl and place gently into the hot pot. (parchment paper goes in the pot too) Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
7. After 30 minutes, remove lid and parchment paper. Return, uncovered, to the oven and bake for 10 – 15 more minutes. Let it cool at least 15 minutes before slicing.
Watch the video tutorial here .
MEET CHEN BEN ASHER
Chen is a Functional Nutrition expert consultant, leading authority on weight management, women’s health and gluten sensitivity. She is a clinician, public speaker, educator and Amazon Best Seller author of “What If Gluten Free Is Not Enough – The Balanced Diet”.
Chen uses Functional Nutrition to help you find answers to the root causes of your illness and address the biochemical imbalances that may trigger your health and weight. She uses cutting edge lab testing and design the nutritional program to your specific needs as an individual. Food, supplements, lifestyle changes will have integrated to bring balance
If you are looking for a personalized nutritional support, we highly recommended contacting Mor’s Nutrition & More Wellness Center in Cupertino, California today.